lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ere Maijala <ere.maij...@helsinki.fi>
Subject Re: Limit search queries only to pull replicas
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 14:22:45 GMT
Hi,

It would be really nice to have a server-side option, though. Not
everyone uses Solrj, and a typical fairly dummy client just queries the
server without any understanding about shards etc. Solr could be clever
enough to not forward the query to NRT shards when configured to prefer
PULL shards and they're available. Maybe it could be something similar
to the preferLocalShards parameter, like "preferShardTypes=TLOG,PULL".

--Ere

Emir Arnautović kirjoitti 14.12.2017 klo 11.41:
> Hi Stanislav,
> I don’t think that there is a built in feature to do this, but that sounds like nice
feature of Solrj - maybe you should check if available. You can implement it outside of Solrj
- check cluster state to see which shards are available and send queries only to pull replicas.

> HTH,
> Emir
> --
> Monitoring - Log Management - Alerting - Anomaly Detection
> Solr & Elasticsearch Consulting Support Training - http://sematext.com/
>

>> On 14 Dec 2017, at 09:58, Stanislav Sandalnikov <s.sandalnikov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We have a Solr 7.1 setup with SolrCloud where we have multiple shards on one server
(for indexing) each shard has a pull replica on other servers.

>> What are the possible ways to limit search request only to pull type replicase?
>> At the moment the only solution I found is to append shards parameter to each query,
but if new shards added later it requires to change solrconfig. Is it the only way to do this?

--
Ere Maijala
Kansalliskirjasto / The National Library of Finland