lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Joe Obernberger <joseph.obernber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Frequency of Full reindex on SolrCloud
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2018 16:01:38 GMT
Almost never.  I would only run a re-index for newer versions (such as
6.5.2 to 7.2) that have a required feature or schema changes such as
changing the type of an existing field (int to string for example).  Not
sure what you mean by 'every delta', but I would assume you just mean
new data?  If so, then re-indexing is not necessary.

-Joe