lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: SOLR Data Backup
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 10:15:01 GMT
Hi Weal,
In general, it is not recommended to use Solr as a primary storage so it is better to store
your data somewhere else. That will allow you o reindex if needed and also allow you to not
store some field in index and make it more efficient.
When it comes to your original question, it seems that backup/restore feature should be enough
for you. If it is single node and static index, you can even do it manually - simply backup
index folder, and when need to restore on some other place, create collection/core with same
config, replace index folder with one that you backed up and reload collection/core.

Regards,
Emir