lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Phil Scadden <P.Scad...@gns.cri.nz>
Subject Multiple cores versus a "source" field.
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 00:20:56 GMT
I have two different document stores that I want index. Both are quite small (<50,000 documents
though documents can be quite large). They are quite capable of using the same schema, but
you would not want to search both simultaneously. I can see two approaches to handling this
case.
1/ Create a "source" field and use that identify which store is being used. The search interface
add the appropriate " AND source=xxxx" to queries.
2/ Create separate core for each.

If you want to use the same solr server to handle queries to both stores, which is the best
approach in terms of minimizing JVM size while keeping searches reasonably fast?
Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential and may not be used, published or
redistributed without the prior written consent of the Institute of Geological and Nuclear
Sciences Limited (GNS Science). If received in error please destroy and immediately notify
GNS Science. Do not copy or disclose the contents.