lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: solrcloud through aws elb
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2017 21:57:42 GMT
We’ve been running Solr Cloud with an Amazon load balancer (ALB rather than ELB)  in prod
for nearly a year. We send all updates through the load balancer without worrying about shards
or leaders. It has been very reliable and very fast, loading about 1 million docs per minute.
This is a 32 node cluster.

We run an ELB in the test environment, also very reliable. Test is an 8 node cluster.

We have had one problem. For a full reload, 20 million docs, the commit was taking longer
than the load balancer timeout, so the loader thought it failed, even though it succeeded.

Using a TCP ELB sounds like a terrible idea. Use HTTP.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

> On Dec 26, 2017, at 1:05 PM, Rick Leir <rleir@leirtech.com> wrote:
>
> Per,
> This is more of a question for the Drupal folks. But in passing, I would suggest that
you show your config and what you saw in your logs. And my guess is firewall problems!