lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implicit routing changes to Composite while re-deploy changes and make Upconfig command
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 15:59:23 GMT
bq: It will changes the router value implicit to compositeId

What evidence do you have of that? This better not happen. The routing
scheme is part of the collection creation command and is stored in
ZooKeeper in the collection's znode, it has nothing to do with the
configset so updating the configs shouldn't change that at all.

Best,
Erick

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:15 AM, Nimesh Aghera <naghera@asite.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have implemented implicit routing with below configuration.
> Created one default collection manually 'AMS_Config' which contains configurations files
 schema,solrconfig etc.

> Using 'AMS_Config' I have created 2 collections model,workset respectively with below
command which created 2 shard for each collection containing 2 node for each shard where nodes
are each solr instance where collection created.

> Command: /admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=model&replicationFactor=2&router.name=implicit&router.field=dr&shards=shard1,shard2&maxShardsPerNode=2&collection.configName=AMS_Config
>
> Collection Detail:
> Model = Shard1,Shard2
> Shard1 = node1,node2[leader]
> Shard2 =node1[leader],node2
>
> Configuration in admin UI on solr for model collection:
> Shard count:2
> configName:AMS_Config
> replicationFactor:2
> maxShardsPerNode:2
> router:implicit
> autoAddReplicas:false
>
> after this I have index document to particular shard using set value (router.field) dr
= shard1

> Issue:  After indexing the document made changes in schema files and redeploy using below
command  for set latest configs
> zkcli.bat -cmd upconfig -confdir ../../solr/AMS_Config/conf -confname AMS_Config -z <zk
Ips>
>
> It will changes the router value implicit to compositeId and now my document are index
across all shard so why this should happens.How to avoid this.