lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sarah Weissman <sweiss...@stsci.edu>
Subject Dataimport handler showing idle status with multiple shards
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 17:47:34 GMT
Hi,

I’ve recently been using the dataimport handler to import records from a database into a
Solr cloud collection with multiple shards. I have 6 dataimport handlers configured on 6 different
paths all running simultaneously against the same DB. I’ve noticed that when I do this I
often get “idle” status from the DIH even when the import is still running. The percentage
of the time I get an “idle” response seems proportional to the number of shards. I.e.,
with 1 shard it always shows me non-idle status, with 2 shards I see idle about half the time
I check the status, with 96 shards it seems to be showing idle almost all the time. I can
see the size of each shard increasing, so I’m sure the import is still going.

I recently switched from 6.1 to 7.1 and I don’t remember this happening in 6.1. Does anyone
know why the DIH would report idle when it’s running?

e.g.:
curl http://myserver:8983/solr/collection/dataimport6
{
  "responseHeader":{