lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Limit search queries only to pull replicas
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2017 09:41:19 GMT
Hi Stanislav,
I don’t think that there is a built in feature to do this, but that sounds like nice feature
of Solrj - maybe you should check if available. You can implement it outside of Solrj - check
cluster state to see which shards are available and send queries only to pull replicas.

HTH,
Emir

> On 14 Dec 2017, at 09:58, Stanislav Sandalnikov <s.sandalnikov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We have a Solr 7.1 setup with SolrCloud where we have multiple shards on one server (for
indexing) each shard has a pull replica on other servers.

> What are the possible ways to limit search request only to pull type replicase?
> At the moment the only solution I found is to append shards parameter to each query,
but if new shards added later it requires to change solrconfig. Is it the only way to do this?