lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Yago Riveiro <yago.rive...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Protect a collection to be deleted
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 17:52:27 GMT
I don’t know if it’s possible but, if we can mark the collection like protected, we can
avoid DELETE command to remove de collection.

Maybe set the flag when CREATE command is executed?

This is an interesting feature to avoid human errors, and relatively easy to implement.

Regards

--

Yago Riveiro

On 12 Dec 2017 17:45 +0000, Markus Jelsma <markus.jelsma@openindex.io>, wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Well, you could remove the write permission for all segment files. Or, make a custom
UpdateProcessor that intercepts *:* operations and stops a delete in its tracks. This is what
we did, protect the search against me. Keep in mind that a negative query can also delete
everything, so you can check if the numRows of the proposed delete query is equals to the
number of documents.