lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Having trouble indexing nested docs using "split" feature.
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2017 00:52:33 GMT
On 12/2/2017 12:55 PM, David Lee wrote:
> {
>    "responseHeader":{
>      "status":0,
>      "QTime":798}}
>
> Though the status indicates there was no error, when I try to query on
> the the data using *:*, I get this:
>
> curl 'http://localhost:8983/solr/my_collection/select?q=*:*'
> {
>    "responseHeader":{
>      "zkConnected":true,
>      "status":0,
>      "QTime":6,
>      "params":{
>        "q":"*:*"}},
>    "response":{"numFound":0,"start":0,"maxScore":0.0,"docs":[]
>    }}
>
> So it looks like no documents were actually indexed from above. I'm
> trying to determine if this is due to an error in the reference manual,
> or if I haven't set up Solr correctly.

I don't know anything at all about the split feature or the parent/child
document feature.  I'm going to concentrate on the fact that numFound is
zero.  With the indexing returning a success response, there should have
been SOMETHING indexed.

Did you ever do a commit operation?  This can be an explicit operation,
or there are some ways you can have it happen automatically.  If you
include a commitWithin parameter on the indexing request, then there
will be an automatic commit within that many milliseconds from when
indexing started.  You can configure autoSoftCommit in solrconfig.xml,
then reload the core/collection or restart Solr.

Unless there is a commit that opens a new searcher, changes made to the
index will never be visible to clients.

https://lucidworks.com/2013/08/23/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/

The article title says "SolrCloud" but all the information is just as
applicable to standalone mode.

If you *have* done a commit with openSearcher set to true (which is the
default setting for openSearcher), then we'll need to examine solr.log,
and you'll need to be sure that the indexing request happened during the
time the log was created.

Thanks,
Shawn