lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Friend <nathan.fri...@Maximuscanada.ca>
Subject Request return behavior when trigger DataImportHandler updates
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 16:37:26 GMT
Hello,

When triggering the DataImportHandler to update via an HTTP request, I've noticed the handler
behaves differently depending on how I specify the request parameters.

If I use query parameters, e.g. http://localhost:8983/solr/mycore/dataimport?command=full-import,
the HTTP request is not fulfilled until the import is completed.

However, if I instead make a request to http://localhost:8983/solr/mycore/dataimport with
a form-data key of "command"="full-import", the HTTP request returns immediately. In this
case, the documentation seems to suggest the best way to detect when the import has completed
is to poll Solr for status updates until the status switches from "busy" back to "idle".

Is this difference in behavior intentional?  I would like to be able to rely on the first
behavior - to expect that the import will be finished when the HTTP call returns.  However,
I can't seem to find any documentation on this difference; I'd prefer not to have my component
rely on what might be a convenient bug :).

I'm using Solr 6.5.1.

Thanks!

Nathan

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic transmission, and any documents attached to it, may contain confidential information
belonging to the sender. This information is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance upon the contents
of this information is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and all documents.