lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "TOM" <tomto...@foxmail.com>
Subject A problem of tracking the commits of Lucene using SHA num
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 10:56:35 GMT
Thanks for your patience and helps.

     Recently, I acquired a batch of commits’ SHA data of Lucene, of which the time span
is from 2010 to 2015. In order to get original info, I tried to use these SHA data to track
commits. First, I cloned Lucene repository to my local host, using the cmd git clone https://
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr.git. Then, I used git show [commit SHA] to get commits’
history record, but failed with the CMD info like this:

>> git show be5672c0c242d658b7ce36f291b74c344de925c7

>> fatal: bad object be5672c0c242d658b7ce36f291b74c344de925c7

After that, I cloned another mirror of Apache Lucene & Solr (https://github.com/mdodsworth/lucene-solr,
the update ended at 2014/08/30), and got the right record like this:

Moreover, I tried to track a commit using its title msg. However, for a same commit, e.g.
LUCENE-5909: Fix stupid bug, I found different SHA nums from the two above mirror repositories
(https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/3c0d111d07184e96a73ca6dc05c6227d839724e2 and
https://github.com/mdodsworth/lucene-solr/commit/4bc8dde26371627d11c299f65c399ecb3240a34c),
which confused me.

In summary, 1) did the method to generate SHA num of commit change once before? 2) because
the second mirror repository ended its update since 2014, how can I track the whole commits
of my dataset?

Thanks so much!