lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Hendrik Haddorp <hendrik.hadd...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Recovery Issue - Solr 6.6.1 and HDFS
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 20:24:38 GMT
We sometimes also have replicas not recovering. If one replica is left
active the easiest is to then to delete the replica and create a new
one. When all replicas are down it helps most of the time to restart one
of the nodes that contains a replica in down state. If that also doesn't
get the replica to recover I would check the logs of the node and also
that of the overseer node. I have seen the same issue on Solr using
local storage. The main HDFS related issues we had so far was those lock
files and if you delete and recreate collections/cores and it sometimes
happens that the data was not cleaned up in HDFS and then causes a conflict.

Hendrik