lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: TimeZone issue
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 12:46:14 GMT
On 11/15/2017 5:34 AM, Renuka Srishti wrote:
> I am working on CSV export using Apache Solr. I have written all the
> required query and set wt as CSV. I am getting my results as I want,but the
> problem is TimeZone.
>
> Solr stores date value in UTC, but my client timeZone is different. Is
> there any way to convert date timeZone from UTC to clientTimeZone direclty
> in the Solr response?

Not that I know of.  UTC is the only storage/transfer method that works
in all situations.  Converting dates to the local timezone is a task for
the client, when it displays the date to a user.

Typically, you would consume the response from Solr into object types
for the language your application is written in.  A date value in the
response should end up in a date object.  Date objects in most
programming languages have the ability to display in specific timezones.

Thanks,
Shawn