lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: help get 'count of distinct' using solr via cql against datastax?
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2017 15:28:43 GMT
On 11/26/2017 7:45 AM, lamelylounges wrote:
> I have a datastax (DSE) server with cassandra.  I am running the node in
> "search" mode, which means solr is enabled and working.  I want to use CQL
> to write a query against my core/table.

I'm fairly certain that CQL is not something created by the Solr
project.  You're going to need to talk to either the Cassandra project
or DataStax for help with CQL.  Most questions about DataStax are best
handled by them, even if they concern Solr, because they do a lot of
customization of Solr, and only they are going to know how they've got
everything configured.

> If this were a traditional SQL, here is how I would write it:
> SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT my_field) FROM my_table WHERE my_field LIKE 'S%'
>
> Is there a way to accomplish a select count distinct?

Solr's facet functionality might be a lot like a distinct count.  The
basic facet capability shows the number of documents in the index that
match each of the possible terms in the index for a given field.
Because you're running the highly customized Solr in DSE, you may get
better (and faster) answers from DataStax.

Solr includes something in recent versions where you can access it as if
it were a database.  I really don't know anything about it, but there
are others on this list who do:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/parallel-sql-interface.html

> (ps I have been trying to subscribe to this mailing list but it seems like
> nabble is not sending out an initial subscribe request.  I have looked in my
> spam folder and have tried several different email domains)

Nabble is not the mailing list.  Their solr-user pages are a mirror of
the mailing list in forum format.  If you're having trouble with Nabble,
you're going to need to talk to Nabble about it.  I have never used Nabble.

Here is where you can find info about the actual mailing list, which is
maintained by the Apache Software Foundation: