lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Newbie question about why represent timestamps as "float" values
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2017 21:06:54 GMT

: Here is my question.  In schema.xml, there is this field:
:
:         <field name="unixdate" type="float" indexed="true" stored="true" />
:
: Question:  why is this declared as a float datatype?  I'm just looking
: for an explanation of what is there – any changes come later, after I
: understand things better.

You would hvae to ask the creator of that schema.xml file why they made
that choice ... to the best of my knowledge, no sample/example schema that
has ever shipped with any version of solr has ever included a "unixdate"
field -- let alone one that suggested "float" would be a logically correct
data type for storing that type of information.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/