lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question regarding Upgrading to SolrCloud
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 18:44:26 GMT
The 7.0 Ref Guide was released Monday.

An overview of the new replica types is available online here:
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_0/shards-and-indexing-data-in-solrcloud.html#types-of-replicas.
The replica type is specified when you either create the collection or
add a replica.

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gopesh:
>
> There is brand new functionality in Solr 7, see: SOLR-10233, the
> "PULL" replica type which is a hybrid SolrCloud replica that uses
> master/slave type replication. You should find this in the reference
> guide, the 7.0 ref guide should be published soon. Meanwhile, that
> JIRA will let you know. Also see .../solr/CHANGES.txt. As Emir says,
> though, it would require ZooKeeper.
>
> Really, though, once you move to SolrCloud (if you do) I'd stick with
> the standard NRT replica type unless I had reason to use one of the
> other two, (TLOG and PULL) as they're for pretty special situations.
>
> All that said, if you're happy with master/slave there's no compelling
> reason to go to SolrCloud, especially for smaller installations.
>
> Best,
> Erick
>
> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 11:46 PM, Gopesh Sharma
> <Gopesh_Sharma@gensler.com> wrote:
>> Hello Guys,
>>
>> As of now we are running Solr 3.4 with Master Slave Configuration. We are planning
to upgrade it to the lastest version (6.6 or 7). Questions I have before upgrading