lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Yee <b...@wayfair.com>
Subject RE: LTR feature cache performance issues
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:53:47 GMT
Has anyone had experience tuning feature caches? Do any of the values below look unreasonable?

<cache name="QUERY_DOC_FV" class="solr.search.LRUCache" size="4096" initialSize="2048"
autowarmCount="4096" regenerator="solr.search.NoOpRegenerator" />

--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Yee [mailto:byee@wayfair.com]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 1:41 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: LTR feature extraction performance issues

I enabled LTR feature extraction and response times spiked. I suppose that was to be expected,
but are there any tips regarding performance? I have the feature values cache set up as described
in the docs:

<cache name="QUERY_DOC_FV" class="solr.search.LRUCache" size="4096" initialSize="2048"
autowarmCount="4096" regenerator="solr.search.NoOpRegenerator" />

Do I simply have to wait for the cache to fill up and hope that response times go down? Should
I make these cache values bigger?

  *   Brian