lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Issue while using Document Routing in SolrCloud 6.1
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 07:15:44 GMT
Hi Ketan,
Each shard is a separate index and if you are indexing 100doc/sec without routing with two
shards, you are indexing 50 docs/shard. If you have routing, and all documents are from single
tenant, single shard has to be able to process 100doc/sec. If you have two nodes it means
that you have to process same number of documents with half of resources. But even with one
node it is expected to be slower because more docs/sec means more merging and expected to
have lower throughput.
If you change your tests to index both tenants at the same time, you should not experience
lower throughput.
When it comes to search latency, it is because you do not have merge phase in your query and
when you talk about search throughput in addition to latency, you use half of resources so
you can expect to double the throughput with routing, in your case.

HTH,
Emir

> On 11 Oct 2017, at 07:31, Ketan Thanki <kthanki@asite.com> wrote:
>

> Thanks Emir,
>
> As mentions below, I have indexing the using two tenant and my data are currently belongs
to only one shard which also shows impact in retrieval much faster but While insert its seems
slower.
> So is there any specific reason for that.
>
> Please do needful.
>
> Regards,
> Ketan.
>

> Hi Ketan,
> Is it possible that you are indexing only one tenant and that is causing single shard
to become
> hotspot?
>
> Emir
> --
> Monitoring - Log Management - Alerting - Anomaly Detection
> Solr & Elasticsearch Consulting Support Training - http://sematext.com/

Composite document routing for my unique field 'Id' where I have use 2 level Tenant route
as mentions below.