lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>
Subject Re: Solr- Data search across multiple vores
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 23:58:36 GMT
Harshal,
You could send your Solr query to both cores but then you could have problems combining the
results because the scores are not absolute: they just give a ranking in their own core. It
might be ok, if you are searching on fields which are common to both cores.

But I suspect that you would do better to tell us what problem you are trying to solve. And
I am almost certain that you should re-index all your data into one core. Cheers -- Rick