lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr returning same object in different page
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 19:09:03 GMT
On 9/12/2017 12:42 PM, ruby wrote:
> I'm running into a issue where an object is appearing twice when we are
> paging. My query is gives documents boost based on field values. First query
> returns 50 object. Second query is exactly same as first query, except
> getting next 50 objects. We are noticing that few objects which were
> returned before are being returned again in the second page. Is this a known
> issue with Solr?

Very likely what's happening is that the index is changing between the
query for the first page and the query for the second page.  This change
puts some new items on that first page, pushing some of the items that
used to be on page 1 to page 2.

The only absolutely certain way to prevent this would be to never make
any changes to the index.

Thanks,
Shawn