lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "rubi.hali" <rubih...@gmail.com>
Subject how to recover from OpenSearcher called on closed core
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:33:08 GMT
Hi

We are using solr6.1 version and have a master slave setup.

We have one master and two slaves .

We have enabled replication poll on slaves at an interval of 300s which
results into an error
and says *Index Fetch Failed : Open NewSearcher Called on closed core*

And our commit strategy involves both hardcommit and softcommit
our hardcommit conditions are
maxDocs 25000
maxTime 60000
and OpenSearcher is false for master but in case of slaves it is true

and our Softcommit involves 300000 as soft commit time.

Please let me know if this error is due to any of the configurations we have
done.

Analysis from logs is that Caching Directory is closing the core and when
replication happens it starts throwing the error.

Thanks in advance