lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paweł Kordek <pawel.kor...@outlook.com>
Subject Spatial search with arbitrary rectangle?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 08:31:13 GMT
Hi All

I've been skimming through the spatial search docs and came across this section:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/spatial-search.html#SpatialSearch-Filteringbyanarbitraryrectangle

"Sometimes the spatial search requirement calls for finding everything in a rectangular area,
such as the area covered by a map the user is looking at. For this case, geofilt and bbox
won’t cut it. "

I can't understand what is meant here by the "rectangular area". What is the coordinate system
of this rectangle? If we talk about the map, don't we have to consider what is the projection?
Any help will be much appreciated.

Best regards

Paweł