lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Knaus <Kn...@mpdl.mpg.de>
Subject SolrCloud indexing -- 2 collections, 2 indexes, sharing the same nodes possible?
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 14:13:02 GMT
I have a working SolrCloud-Setup with 38 nodes with a collection spanning over these nodes
with 2 shards per node and replication factor 2 and a router field.

Now I got some new data for indexing which has the same structure and size as my existing
index in the described collection.
However, although it has the same structure the new data to be indexed should not be mixed
with the old data.

Do I have create another 38 new nodes and a new collection and index the new data or is there
a better / more efficient way I could use the existing nodes?
Is it possible that the 2 collections could share the 38 nodes without the indexes being mixed?

Thanks for your help.

Johannes