lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: solr hangs
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 14:01:46 GMT
On 8/7/2017 12:35 AM, hawk.wan@139.com wrote:
> Below is the OOM exception.
>
> 2017-08-07 12:45:48.446 WARN  (qtp33524623-4275) [c:taoke s:shard2 r:core_node4 x:taoke_shard2_replica1]
o.e.j.u.t.QueuedThreadPool
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

The last line that I quoted above is the underlying problem here.

Your OS has a limit on the number of processes/threads that each user is
allowed to run.  Solr has exceeded that limit, and so the operating
system is preventing Solr from starting any more threads.  The OS will
need to be reconfigured to allow the user to start more threads.

Just like OOME problems that actually have to do with memory allocation,
program operation when a thread fails to start is *also* completely
unpredictable.

What version of Solr are you running, what OS is it running on, and
exactly how did you start it?

Thanks,
Shawn