lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Connection rest by peer error
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2017 12:50:16 GMT
On 8/16/2017 4:20 AM, Srinivas Kashyap wrote:
> In one of our tomcat based solr 5.2.1 deployment environment, we are experiencing the
below error which is occurring recursively.

Running Solr 5.2.1 in Tomcat is an unsupported configuration.  It is
likely that you can get it to work, but it falls outside what is
officially supported.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/WhyNoWar

> When the app is restarted, the error won't show up until sometime. Max allowed connections
in tomcat context xml and JVM memory of solr is sufficient enough.

> 14-Aug-2017 09:59:34.515 SEVERE [http-nio-8888-exec-7] org.apache.solr.common.SolrException.log
null:org.apache.catalina.connector.ClientAbortException: java.io.IOException: Connection reset
by peer

This is saying that the other side of the connection, which is
presumably your query or update client, has sent what I think must be a
TCP reset on the HTTP connection.  If you're running SolrCloud, or a
manually sharded non-cloud setup, then the other end might be a Solr
instance.  If a load balancer is involved, then the client could be the
load balancer.

When you say the app is restarted, what app are you referring to?

Thanks,
Shawn