lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Giovanni De Stefano <giova...@servisoft.be>
Subject How to "chain" import handlers: import from DB and from file system
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2017 22:03:15 GMT
Hello all,

I have to index (and search) data organised as followed: many files on the filesystem and
each file has extra metadata stored on a DB (the DB table has a reference to the file path).

I think I should have 1 Solr document per file with fields coming from both the DB (through
DIH) and from Tika.

How do you suggest to proceed?

1. index into different cores and search across cores (I would rather not do that but I would
be able to reuse “standard” importers)
2. extend the DIH (which one?)
3. implement a custom import handler

How would you do it?

Developing in Java is not a problem, I would just need some ideas on where to start (I have
been away from Solr for many years…).

Thanks!
G.