lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cant stop/start server
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2017 00:58:37 GMT
Hmm, looks like the pid file is located in different spots (depending)
and the -p option apparently looks in the same place but the -all
doesn't. Haven't tracked down why

If I start by

bin/solr start -s example/techproducts/configs
the pid file goes in bin/solr
It also goes there if I cd into the bin directory and:
./solr start -s
/Users/Erick/apache/solrJiras/jira/solr/example/techproducts/solr/

However, if I cd into the bin directory then:
./solr start -s ../example/techproducts/solr
the pid file goes in to ../example/techproducts/solr
when the pid file goes here, the -all doesn't find it.

The odd thing is that it's findable in all cases by the -p option but
not the -all option.

Seems like a problem with the script, but I'll leave it to someone
else. In the mean time what happens when you start with an absolute
path? Or at least without a ../ as the start of your path?

Erick

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Iridian Group
<ksavoie@iridiangroup.com> wrote:
> REL 7.3
> Apache 2.4.6
>
> Sry, not versed enough in CLI to get your ‘find’ to work. Dropped me into a prompt
of some type. Got this however.

<https://www.iridiangroup.com/>>

or twitter <https://twitter.com/iridiangroup <https://twitter.com/iridiangroup>>