lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject [POLL] Solr Plugin Improvements - request for feedback
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 12:03:39 GMT
Hi Solr users and developers,

I am currently working on improving Solr’s plugin/contrib system.
My goal is to make it a breeze to discover and install plugins and to create
a much more vivid 3rd party plugin ecosystem for Apache Solr.

If this interests you then I would love to hear your opinion on the matter.
The easiest way to do so is to answer this online poll (5 minutes):

     https://goo.gl/forms/BsNbD4QrlixGBnqL2

If you have more time and would like to dive into the technicalities, you
can also read the design document[1] and provide feedback directly there
or in the corresponding JIRA issue [2].

I’ll share the result of my work, including the results from this poll
in my Lucene Revolution 2017 talk titled "Solr’s Missing Plugin Ecosystem” [3],
where I hope to see many of you too!

[1] https://s.apache.org/solr-plugin
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10665
[3] https://lucenesolrrevolution2017.sched.com/event/BAwj

DISCLAIMER: This poll is conducted by Jan Høydahl, a Lucene/Solr committer and
PMC member, for my LuceneRev talk, and not officially on behalf of the Lucene PMC.

- Jan