lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: Proximity searches with a wildcard
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2017 20:10:44 GMT
Sure: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Other+Parsers#OtherParsers-ComplexPhraseQueryParser

-----Original message-----

site tasked with trying to improve searching capabilities for our users. A product manager
asked to me if proximity searches and wildcards worked on our search form. I did some testing
and found that, yes, each work. However, what does not seem to work is both together. That
is, looking for words or phrases near each other seems to work and looking for truncated words
like pregna* seems to work, but the two together in one search string do not. Does anyone
have experience in the Drupal context that could give me some advice or point me to a resource
that can?