lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there any particular reason why ExternalFileField is read from data directory
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 17:42:15 GMT
Should be OK if you put it in your conf directory of your configset.
Do note that each and every time you start Solr, each and every
replica will download it. So if it's a large file you'll have
problems. The default limit for jute.maxbuffer is 1M so you'd also
have to bump that up.

Frankly, though, ExternalFileField is a blunt instrument, if you're
putting single numeric values in there consider updateable docValues
instead.

Best,
Erick