lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From OTH <omer.t....@gmail.com>
Subject Score higher if multiple terms match
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 20:35:16 GMT
Hello,

I have what I would think to be a fairly simple problem to solve, however
I'm not sure how it's done in Solr and couldn't find an answer on Google.

Say I have two documents, "TV" and "TV promotion".  If the search query is
"TV promotion", then, obviously, I would like the document "TV promotion"
to score higher.  However, that is not the case right now.

My syntax is something like this:
http://localhost:8983/solr/sales/select?indent=on&wt=json&fl=*,score&q=name:tv
promotion
(I tried "q=name:tv+promotion (added the '+'), but it made no difference.)

It's not scoring the document "TV promotion" higher than "TV"; in fact it's
scoring it lower.

Thanks