lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Damien Kamerman <dami...@gmail.com>
Subject async backup
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 05:28:50 GMT
I've noticed an issue with the Solr 6.5.1 Collections API BACKUP async
command returning early. The state is finished well before one shard is
finished.

The collection I'm backing up has 12 shards across 6 nodes and I suspect
the issue is that it is not waiting for all backups on the node to finish.

Alternatively, I if I change the request to not be async it works OK but
sometimes I get the exception "backup the collection time out:180s".

Has anyone seen this, or knows a workaround?

Cheers,
Damien.