lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Moritz Michael <moritz.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex throws Illegal initial capacity: -16777216
Date Sun, 18 Jun 2017 19:35:29 GMT

		Hello Erick,
I'm aware that it's not possible to upgrade a Solr 4 index directly to a Solr 6 index, so
I planned to do an upgrade to 5 first and then to 6. Sorry, I should have been more precisely
with my description.

The upgrade to Solr 5 does throw the exact same error the CheckIndex tool throws.
BestMoritz

	_____________________________
From: Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com>
Sent: Sonntag, Juni 18, 2017 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: org.apache.lucene.index.CheckIndex throws Illegal initial capacity: -16777216
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>

OK, then what do you mean by:

bq: I'm trying to upgrade a Solr 4.6 index to Solr 6. The upgrade does
fail with an error.

?? Exactly what steps did you follow when you saw the failure? Because
is sounds like you tried to put a Solr 6 directory over a 4x index,
but then you say you're aware that you can't do that so I'm all
confused.

Did you try the 4.6 checkindex program?

Best,
Erick

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Moritz Michael <moritz.munte@gmail.com> wrote:

>                 Thx for the advice Alan. I'm already aware of this fact (that's why I
used the checkIndex tool of Solr 5).

from 4.6 to 5.x using the upgrade tool from the latest 5.x release, then from 5.x to 6 using
the current upgrade tool.