lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautovic <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: JMX property keys
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 08:22:41 GMT
Hi Ari,

It is common that way app is reporting metric is not monitoring
friendly. It is not just how it is named but also some metrics require
you to create statefull monitoring agent in order to be able to display
them on time axis.

I am not aware that this can be overridden for Solr, but you can try
some of existing Solr monitoring tools. One such tool is Sematext Cloud
(http://sematext.com/spm/) with OOTB agent and charts for Solr Cloud.
You can check if it meets your needs or use to see what can be done with
data from Solr JMX.

HTH,
Emir

On 09.06.2017 05:50, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> I want to monitor my Solr instances using JMX and graph performance. Using Zabbix notation,
I end up with a key that looks like this:

> jmx["solr/suburbs-1547_shard1_replica1:type=standard,id=org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler","5minRateReqsPerSecond"]
>

> My problem here is that the key contains the replica id "_replica1". But this of course
changes across all the hosts in the Solr Cloud, so monitoring is a real pain as I roll out
nodes. I need to know which replica is running on which host.