lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject JMX property keys
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2017 03:50:51 GMT
I want to monitor my Solr instances using JMX and graph performance. Using Zabbix notation,
I end up with a key that looks like this:

jmx["solr/suburbs-1547_shard1_replica1:type=standard,id=org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler","5minRateReqsPerSecond"]

My problem here is that the key contains the replica id "_replica1". But this of course changes
across all the hosts in the Solr Cloud, so monitoring is a real pain as I roll out nodes.
I need to know which replica is running on which host.

Why is this so? Is there a way to override how the Solr cores expose themselves to JMX?

Please cc me since I'm not subscribed here.

Cheers
Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis