lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: solrcloud collections restore documentation is confusing about the restored configset
Date Thu, 11 May 2017 15:08:16 GMT
On 5/11/2017 8:38 AM, Webster Homer wrote:
> When I ran the backup and restore of a real collection: which I restored to sial-catalog-product-2
I didn't see a new config for sial-catalog-product-2 in Zookeeper. When I did what you describe
it I see the config name is sial-catalog-product not sial-catalog-product-2
>
> So was the config uploaded from the backup or is it simply the config for sial-catalog-product
which at restore time may not be the same as the configuration that was saved?

What was the configname in use for sial-catalog-product when it was
backed up?  Chances are that it was/is sial-catalog-product, the same
name as the collection itself.  I have just confirmed that this is what
happens when I use the "bin/solr create" command and it uploads a
configuration to zookeeper- the configuration gets the same name as the
collection.

If the collection was restored to the same cloud where it was backed up
from, then there would not have been a configuration upload, because the
named configuration would already be present.  If it were restored to a
different cloud, then it might have uploaded the configuration, but only
if that config name was not already present.

It sounds like the BACKUP and RESTORE operations work just as I had
expected them to work, not how you expected.

Thanks,
Shawn


Mime
View raw message