lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr performance on EC2 linux
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 01:24:22 GMT

: tldr: Recently, I tried moving an existing solrcloud configuration from
: a local datacenter to EC2. Performance was roughly 1/10th what I’d
: expected, until I applied a bunch of linux tweaks.

How many total nodes in your cluster?  How many of them running ZooKeeper?

Did you observe the heavy increase in system time CPU usage on all nodes,
or just the ones running zookeeper?

I ask because if your speculation is correct and it is an issue of
clocksource, then perhaps ZK is where the majority of those system calls
are happening, and perhaps that's why you didn't see any similar heavy
system CPU load in ES?

(Then again: at the lowest levels "lucene" really shouldn't care about
anything clock related at all Any "time" realted code would live in the
Solr level ... hmmm.)

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/