lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shashank Pedamallu <spedama...@vmware.com>
Subject Reload an unloaded core
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 16:53:11 GMT
Hi all,

I want to unload a core from Solr without deleting data-dir or instance-dir. I’m performing
some operations on the data-dir after this and then I would like to reload the core from the
same data-dir. These are the things I tried:

  1.  Reload api – throws an exception saying no such core exists.
  2.  Create api – throws an exception saying a core with given name already exists.

Can someone point me what api I could use to achieve this. Please note that, I’m working
with Solr in Non-Cloud mode without Zookeeper, Collections, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Shashank Pedamallu