lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: solr 6 at scale
Date Wed, 24 May 2017 04:43:36 GMT
I'll quibble a little with Walter and say that 6.4.2 fixes the perf
problem in 6.4.0 and 6.4.1. Which doesn't change his recommendation at
all, I'd go with 6.5.1.

Best,
Erick

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@wunderwood.org> wrote:
> We are running 6.5.1 in a 16 node cluster, four shards and four replicas. It is performing
brilliantly.

> Our index is 18 million documents, but we have very heavy queries. Students are searching
for homework help, so they paste in the entire problem. We truncate queries at 40 terms to
limit the load, but we have a LOT of long queries. Our average query time is nicely under
500 milliseconds.