lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Nawab Zada Asad Iqbal <khi...@gmail.com>
Subject StandardDirectoryReader.java:: applyAllDeletes, writeAllDeletes
Date Sun, 28 May 2017 02:35:56 GMT
Hi all

I am looking at following change in lucene-solr which doen't mention any
JIRA. How can I know more about it?

"1ae7291 Mike McCandless on 1/24/16 at 3:17 PM current patch"

Specifically, I am interested in what 'writeAllDeletes'  does in the
following method. Let me know if it is very stupid question and I should
have done something else before emailing here.

static DirectoryReader open(IndexWriter writer, SegmentInfos infos,
boolean applyAllDeletes, boolean writeAllDeletes) throws IOException {

Background: We are running solr4.5 and upgrading to 6.5.1. We have
some custom code in this area, which we need to merge.

Thanks

Nawab