lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From xavier jmlucjav <jmluc...@gmail.com>
Subject choosing placement upon RESTORE
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 18:15:35 GMT
hi,

I am facing this situation:
- I have a 3 node Solr 6.1 with some 1 shard, 1 node collections (it's just
for dev work)
- the collections where created with:
   action=CREATE&...&createNodeSet=EMPTY"
then
  action=ADDREPLICA&...&node=$NODEA&dataDir=$DATADIR"
- I have taken a BACKUP of the collections
- Solr is upgraded to 6.5.1

Now, I started using RESTORE to restore the collections on the node A
(where they lived before), but, instead of all being created in node A,
collections have been created in A, then B, then C nodes. Well, Solrcloud
tried to, as 2nd and 3rd RESTOREs failed, as the backup was in node A's
disk, not reachable from nodes B and C.

How is this supposed to work? I am looking at Rule Based Placement but it
seems it is only available for CREATESHARD, so I can use it in RESTORE?
Isn't there a way to force Solrcloud to create the collection in a given
node?

thanks!