lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Satya Marivada <satya.chaita...@gmail.com>
Subject file descriptors and threads differing
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 18:56:17 GMT
Hi All,

We have a weird problem, with the threads being opened many and crashing
the app in PP7 (one of our environment). It is the same index, same version
of solr (6.3.0) and zookeeper (3.4.9) in both environments.
Java minor version is different (1.8.0_102 in PP8 (one of our environment)
shown below vs 1.8.0_121 in PP7(one other environment)).

Any ideas around why files open and threads are more in one environment vs
other.

Files open is found by looking for fd in /proc/ directory and threads found
by ps -elfT | wc -l.

[image: pasted1]

Thanks,
Satya