lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Atita Arora <atitaar...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it expected for Synonyms to work vice-versa
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 08:48:02 GMT
Hi,

I have this strange issues happening today where I specified certain
keyword to match as synonym word as :

(^|[^a-zA-Z0-9])[cC][#]([^a-zA-Z0-9]|$)=>$1csharp$2

Which essentially means anyone searching for "C#" should be matched with a
document containing "csharp" too.

Now I have ran into something mysterious (atleast its a mystery for me !!
not sure if that's the expected behaviour) that someone searching for
"sharp" is matched with docs containing "#" , where as no other
configurations specifies this elsewhere.

Is this normal / expected ?

Please guide !

TIA -
Atita