lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Florian Gleixner <...@redflo.de>
Subject Re: Solr in NAS or Network Shared Drive
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 17:35:24 GMT
On 19.05.2017 16:33, Ravi Kumar Taminidi wrote:
> Hello,  Scenario: Currently we have 2 Solr Servers running in 2 different servers (linux),
Is there any way can we make the Core to be located in NAS or Network shared Drive so both
the solrs using the same Index.

> Let me know if any performance issues, our size of Index is appx 1GB.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ravi

The operating system can cache a local filesystem for a infinitely long
time, because no one else is allowed to change the data. With network
filesystems, the operating system can not be sure, that the data have
not been altered by another one. So usually caches on network
filesystems are frequently invalidated.

I think you loose the caching from the OS - memory speed vs. network
filesystem speed! Not sure if mmap helps here ....