lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Add new Solr Node to existing Solr setup
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 12:29:14 GMT
On 5/9/2017 6:01 AM, Venkateswarlu Bommineni wrote:
> But I don't see replication factor is increased in Solr, It's still
> showing as 2 after adding third also.

The replicationFactor parameter is ONLY used at collection creation.  It
has zero purpose after that ... unless you have indexes in HDFS and Solr
is explicitly aware of this through the use of HDFSDirectoryFactory.

Adding a replica does NOT change replicationFactor.  SolrCloud will
correctly manage the new replica, but that number in the collection
definition doesn't change.  It is set at creation time.  It can be
manually changed later, but unless you're using HDFS, there's never any
reason to change it.

Thanks,
Shawn