lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Dunn <jacob.d...@gm.com>
Subject Solrj Client Problem - Bad Return type
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 15:48:26 GMT
Hi. I'm working on a Java application that takes some object metadata and inputs it using Solrj.
I'm getting a bad return type error message. Here's my current code:

[cid:image004.png@01D2C58B.8A6708E0]

And here's the error I'm receiving:

[cid:image005.png@01D2C58D.1DCB77A0]

I'm setting up the SolrClient using the same format found in the Apache Solr wiki<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Using+SolrJ>.
I researched on Stack Overflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32105513/solr-bad-return-type-error>
and found something similar. The suggested solution is to pass the SystemDefaultHttpClient
along with the URL string when creating the client; however, this solution didn't work for
me as the constructor appears to be deprecated.

Anyone have an alternative solution?

Thank you,

Jake

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific
statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received
this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.