lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr licensing for commercial product.
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 12:02:01 GMT
On 5/9/2017 5:50 AM, vrindavda wrote:
> One more question. I found below snippet in license file. Do I need to
> mention my product owner details in highlighted section?
>
>   APPENDIX: How to apply the Apache License to your work.

Those requirements only come into play if you want YOUR software
licensed under the Apache license.

You said you wanted to use Solr in a commercial product.  Most
commercial software will NOT have an open source license.

I strongly recommend that you get your company's lawyer involved when
you are working out how your own software will be licensed.

Thanks,
Shawn