lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shashank Pedamallu <spedama...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Verify unloading of a Solr Core
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 22:36:57 GMT
Sorry, I take back my ignore email. Can someone please respond to the initial question:

I unload a core from Solr using the CoreAdmin page on UI or send unload request via the api,
it works perfectly fine. In my code, I’m trying to unload a core using the call:

CoreAdminRequest.unloadCore(<coreName>, <solrClient>);

I get following response:

{responseHeader={status=0,QTime=0}}

At this step, I had put a debug point and Solr UI still shows the core that I have unloaded.
Also, I killed the solr process using kill –9 command and restarted Solr. The core is still
present in Solr. When does it get unloaded then? Please note that, I’m making these requests
from a CoreAdminHandler.

Thanks,
Shashank Pedamallu