lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From bay chae <bayc...@gmail.com>
Subject Create core with bin/solr where BasicAuth is setup
Date Wed, 10 May 2017 16:31:50 GMT
Hi,

I have basic auth implemented in solr and can create a core with 'curl —user…’ and through
the web interface with username and password entered.

I can create a core:

bin/solr create -c bore

with this in solr.in.sh:

SOLR_AUTH_TYPE="basic"
SOLR_AUTHENTICATION_OPTS="-Dbasicauth=solr:SolrRocks”

But say I don’t want to store a plaintext password in solr.in.sh and would rather create
a core on command with the following:

bin/solr create -c bore -Dbasicauth=solr:SolrRocks

Then I find i get the following error:

ERROR: Unrecognized or misplaced argument: -Dbasicauth=solr:SolrRocks!

I have tried other placements without success.

Could anyone help with this off the top of their head?